Friday, March 6, 2015

Benjamin Biggs block #4


This is a very quick post to show that I finished another Benjamin Biggs block!  This is number 4 and I am already stitching on block #5.  I love red and green applique and the folky-ness of this pattern so am determined to see it through to the end - hopefully before the end of the decade.  Only slightly joking on the timing.  My grandmother's family originated in the U.S. in the same region that the names on this quilt are from: Frederick County, Maryland.  So, I'm practicing my inking on cloth abilities and hope to write her family names on my blocks.

5 comments:

  1. You at least have the Benjamin Biggs blocks started. All I have accomplished is saving the patterns. I love red & green applique quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is beautiful. I have the patterns but no time to start. You do beautiful Applique. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, very nice work.
    You are pressing freezer paper under the block for the inking, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block looks great. Love red and green and the quirkiness of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...