Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dear Jane weekend

D-6



I remedied my block blunder from earlier this week and finished another D-6 in a fabric I like.



D-7



And, I managed a little forward momentum so I kept working on Dear Jane blocks this weekend and finished D-7 (also hand pieced).


E-8



I am avoiding paper piecing but not machine piecing. Rotary cutting E-8 and I-3 and machine piecing enabled me to finish four whole DJ blocks this weekend. I now have 25 finished blocks. If I make three DJ blocks a week I'll have the center blocks finished in a year. But, seriously, I predict one more week of DJ progress and then, fickle me, I'll be lured away by other projects.


I-3

16 comments:

JoAnne said...

I know the feeling of having a large project with lots of little bits. But sooner or later (probably later for you yet) there is some point when a project is 2/3? 3/4? 7/8? done and the momentum keeps pushing and you finally finish. I love that sense of momentum. I wish I could bottle it up and apply it to other projects, or even the housework! The blocks look great!

Doniene said...

Your blocks look wonderful!! Love the reds!! It will be lovely whenever you finish!!

Janet said...

Your blocks are lovely! Great reds!

Janet O. said...

But how fun to have these spurts of progress, and a variety of projects from which to choose. I have had the Dear Jane book since ...well. forever, but I haven't made a single block. Your blocks look great!

viridian said...

I like your first pink fabric - so much that I have used mine all up!

Quilt Hollow said...

Stunning...love the reds.

Sue said...

These all look so good! Congrats on your finished for the week. I do love the red especially in the last block.

Leeanne said...

Ohhhhh Liking I-3 , D-7 ,the pink in D-6 :-)

Janet said...

Your blocks all look so precisely pieced. I saw a DJ quilt today but only part of the center was showing. I'm fickle too but I'm cheering you on.

Kathie said...

oh just look at these beauties! great fabrics too.
its all a process, some day it will be a quilt!
keep going
Kathie

Me and My Stitches said...

I haven't worked on my DJ forever! Your blocks are looking great. Maybe we should make a deal - I will make your paper pieced blocks if you make my applique blocks. Lol!

Lori said...

What great blocks!!

Cheryl said...

I can so relate to fickle quilter's syndrome! Your DJ blocks are wonderful though. Make a stunning quilt!

Barb said...

Lovely DJ blocks - great fabrics too

Jeanne said...

You're doing wonderful work on your blocks. Keep it up.

Vesuviusmama said...

Two weeks running without being lured away - good for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...