Thursday, March 22, 2012

A finish


My version of Lori's "Pink Lemonade" quilt-a-long is finished! I really think that old gold fabric makes it look like a piece of an old quilt. I had intended to bind in it a brown fabric but that red was hanging around on my sewing table just asking to join in. The little red flowers in the yellow and some red in the brown fabrics told it that it was welcome and I couldn't be happier with the result. It's hard to tell in the photo that it was hand quilted by Bellwether. Yes, another one - that's the only way I can get a finished project. I should have taken a photo of the back.

Last night I had the great treat of attending a presentation by Debby Cooney, quilt collector and quilt historian, at the Baltimore Applique Society. She showed at least 30 wonderful antique quilts. You can view photos of three of the quilts at the BAS Facebook page here.

20 comments:

Lori said...

It looks very adorable and antique!!

regan said...

Your Pink Lemonade is beautiful! I just bought some fabric with the red and gold combo and I love it! It plays so nicely together! I think I'm going to check into this Bellwether's quilting.....sounds like a good thing!

Betty Lou said...

Your gold Pink Lemonade is perfect, the red is a nice compliment.

JoAnne said...

I love, love, love the red binding! Sometimes something a bit unusual really asserts itself and the results really pay off!

Nicky said...

Love the quilt and the setting!

YankeeQuilter said...

I just finished basting my Pink Lemonade...hope to have it finished soon!

Leeanne said...

Fabulous!!

Janet O. said...

Your Pink Lemonade is charming.
Now tell me about those little quilts in the jar on top of it. : )

Jan said...

The red binding is perfect!

Janet said...

Congrats on the finish, I just love the old gold too. Thanks for the link, I'm off for a look.

Kathie said...

Looks GREAT! I love that old gold fabric....your right it looks very antiquey!
Kathie

Donna K. from N. Texas said...

Great gold fabric in the mini quilt. Red binding looks great. Jealous that you got to see so many beautiful applique and other quilts at the meeting!!!!!!

Judith said...

It sure is well put together, it is gorgeous! Just love every bit of it,

Merilyn said...

How nice to have someone do the handquilting for you - I need an extra pair of hands too LOL!!! It is adorable and the red binding gives it a bit of a lift, lovely result!!!

Helene Juul said...

Wow, that limonade looks delicious!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your Lemonade quilt looks very sweet and definately Vintage. The gold fabric was perfect for achieving such an effect!

Kimme said...

Love the old gold fabric and the red fabric is delightful :-)

Vivian said...

Love it! I love the red binding---you are right it works perfect to bring out the hints of red in the other fabrics.

Mary said...

I love the fabrics you used! Your color choices look spot on to me. Great job.

AnnieO said...

Sweet! I agree, it does look antique. Congrats on your lemonade finish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...