Friday, January 6, 2012

Is this cute, or what?


The pincushion in a cup, not the photo on the left (although he is definitely adorable). Somehow, I wound up on Etsy last weekend and came across these "tiny world" pincushions made by a dollmaker named Mimi Kirchner. She uses old teacups and wool to make, well, tiny worlds. Love them. Couldn't resist so I bought myself one. It was a dear price to pay for a pincushion, but I love it so much it is gracing a shelf at work so I can take breaks and play with my tiny world. The house stays put but the trees, bush and snowman are on pins so they can move around. So cute. She makes some with lighthouses and boats so I plan on getting one of those for summertime.

12 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

Definitely adorable! I'm going to take a peek at her store.

The Civil War Quilter said...

OMG! That is so adorable. Now, I have to see what others she sells. thanks for sharing this.

Janet O. said...

How clever is that?!? Too, too cute!

Kaaren said...

I can't look, Taryn because you know darn well what'll happen.

I can't stand it. I have to peek because if I don't, I won't be able to sleep tonight.

It is too darn cute!!!

Kathie said...

ok just love this toooo cute!
love the blue tea cup and well snowmen, always melt my heart , snow scene just adorable
I can see why you had to buy it
Kathie

homeschooled said...

That is gorgeous! Bye now I'm off to Etsy to have a look myself.
Thanks for sharing.

Merilyn said...

That would have to be the cutest little pincushion I have ever seen!!! I've just had a peek at Mimi's work and oh my! how gorgeous as they!!!! Thanks so much for sharing such a delicious little delight!!!!

Frances Leate said...

Very cute pincushion and I can see how your would be tempted to add another one. Take care.

Markirhen said...

Nice... great idea, I like it.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Martha

Ann Marie said...

Totally cute!

carole brungar said...

Gorgeous wee tea cup, lucky you!

Karen said...

Your tea cup is a very good find. I so like a blue and white color combo. Makes a unique pinkeep.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...