This is a pattern called Civil War Star by Bits 'n Pieces. It is a project that I started years ago and I can only call it "a mission." A guild I belonged to adapted it as a raffle quilt and when I saw it I was smitten. The prints are from the first Judie Rothermel Civil War line and the background is Benartex, I think. None of the fabrics were current when I set about to reproduce the quilt and the internet was not as sophisticated as it is now so it is a testament to my investigative abilities that I tracked down pieces of ALL the Civil War line AND the exact shade of Benartex background fabric. I was like a possessed bloodhound. You would think that level of intensity could translate into a finished quilt.
But, this is as far as I've progressed. The pattern is complicated because the rows of stars are kind of interconnected and my version is larger than the one pictured. You really have to be on top of your game to keep from screwing it all up. A big design wall would help, but mine is more like a design section of wall. Not enough to lay the whole row out. So, I have to use my bed, which is two floors above the sewing area. It's a workout running from sewing machine to design bed and back. Plus, I have to make notes to ensure I don't mix up the rows after I lay them out and pick them back up.
I think I started this sometime around 1999. We all need goals so this year will be the year I finish this baby. I think I better go get warmed up.
Throwback Thursday, 2010: Welcome to Wonkyworld
46 minutes ago