Friday, March 19, 2010

Little antique doll quilt!


Today's post is just a quickie to share my new little treasure. I couldn't resist buying this little 20"x21" cutie. It appears to be hand pieced and is machine quilted with no batting. I don't think it was cut down because the binding is the same fabric as used in the top. I think it could use a bath so if anyone has expert advice on bathing old fibers please leave me a comment. Below is a photo of the great shirting stripe on the back. Such soft and lovely old colors. I have a special weakness for LeMoyne stars because of a recent event I attended. I'll be ready to post on that one this weekend. I hope spring is springing where you are!

18 comments:

Ann's blog said...

What a sweet quilt, such pretty colours! Enjoy spring, it is autumn here in Australia!

Kathie said...

What a treasure oh my goodness you were so right its beautiful!!!!!

Quilt Hollow said...

Wow....it is wonderful! Absolutely perfect!

Julia said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous..what a treasure..
Julia ♥

Lori said...

I love it!!! Where did you find that? Doll quilts are not easy to come by these days. It's so adorable!!

Jan said...

What a sweetie; lucky you!

Sue-Anne said...

What a wonderful find. I absolutely adore it! LeMoyne stars are also my favourite star. I think I may have to make a little quilt just like it!

Vicki said...

What a sweet little quilt! Can't you just picture it as a summer quilt for a special doll, napping on the screened porch.

Deb said...

That's a wonderful quilt!! Excellent find! I'm not sure about the washing of it - perhaps there are suggestions on the internet!

Shasta said...

It's beautiful.

Wendy said...

Such a treasure to have, it's wonderful. I'm working on a little LeMoyne star quilt right now.

Karen said...

A sweet little quilt!

Daniƫlle said...

This sure is a little treasure! Happy sewing, take care, Daniƫlle

Janet said...

What a find! It's such a sweet little doll quilt! I love the pink fabric and the stars are wonderful!

Meredith said...

So glad you were able to pick that one up. Very cute

Sue said...

What a lovely quilt find. I would have been thrilled to find that one.

Barb said...

what a sweet little quilt - and oh, my favorite, pink! love the stripe too

Jo Morton said...

I love the fact you had to find the right size bowl for the handpieced star blocks - LOL
Love how your little quilt turned out!
:-)
Jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...