Thursday, September 3, 2009

Drumroll please...I have a finished quilt


At long last I have a newly finished quilt. One of my favorite color combinations is pink and brown, but after finishing this one, I think I'll move onto another palette for awhile. I wouldn't call it a stash buster, but I did make most of it from fabrics I had on hand. I could have done it all from my stash but who can resist buying more of their favorite colors. This one is completely finished because I outsourced the quilting to my favorite hand quilting service, Bellwether Dry Goods. The stitching is fantastic! I just wish my camera could do it justice.



Do you ever get sidetracked when working on a quilt top? Silly question, I know. We're quilters and we all love to multi-task when it comes to projects (a.k.a. play with more fabric). Anyway, while working on the piecing for this one, I bought a pattern from Lori Smith (From my Heart to Your Hands) and put this small top together.

That's it for now...I finally solved my camera problems. I replaced the one that got broken on vacation and found the cord for the replacement camera that I lost the first time I took it out of the box. I also told myself that if not quilting is making me so darn miserable I better make the time to quilt. My hubby said "Yay" to that last one.

8 comments:

Karen said...

A great finish and I am sure you feel very good!

Barbara said...

Oh and hand quilted too. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Una said...

Taryn! How lovely they both turned out! Mmmm - pink and brown. Yummy. And they look just like the antiques we love... New fabrics is a way of expanding ones palette, no?;) How nice to have a hand quilted quilt to snuggle under! Take care, Una

Ann's blog said...

Beautiful, I love this simple design, your fabrics are gorgeous!

Kathie said...

so glad to see you posting again! YES I agree with the DH you need to make time to quilt, you will be happier!
I have always wanted to send a quilt there for hand quilting
wish I could see how they quilted yours.
I love pink and brown quilts, they are both beautiful.
Just in time for the fall
Kathie

PatchworkRose said...

Hi Taryn
Love the quilts. Have you considered the Civil War Bride quilt as your next quilt ;-)
Guaranteed to keep you out of mischief. In my first block which I prepped today I have already managed to hide butterflies and shells in the fabric. Stay Tune
Cheers
Lynne

Lori said...

I love your newest quilt! Pink and brown are so lovely and yours is no exception.
Your Lori S little quilt is adorable too!

Shasta said...

Congratulations on both your finishes! They are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...